Califon Public School
“Making Their Lives Extraordinary”
Ms. Michele Cone Ed.D. Ms. Cheryl Zarra
Chief School Administrator Business Administrator /Board Secretary
Pursuant to the Open Public Meetings Act, notice is hereby given that the Califon Public School Board of Education has rescheduled the regular May meeting from Wednesday, May 10, 2023 to Tuesday, May 2, 2023. The meeting will be held in the library of the Califon School located at 6 School Street, Califon, NJ. The meeting will begin at 7:00 pm.
Formal action will be taken.
BY ORDER OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION
Business Administrator/Board Secretary
Board of Education
Board of Education
- Michele Cone Ed.D.: Chief School Administrator
- Mr. Christopher Keiser: President
- Mr. Michael Reaves: Vice President
- Ms. Rebecca Kipp-Newbold
- Mrs. Rita Lemley
- Mr. Netz Sacro
- Mrs.Cheryl Zarra: Business Administrator
All correspondence for the Califon Board of Education should be directed to the BOE Secretary, Cheryl Zarra, at boardsecretary@califonschool.
Standing Committee Chairpersons & Members
***Please note that the first member listed is the chair.
- Finance, Facilities & Transportation: Mr. Christopher Keiser- Mr. Michael Reaves
- Legislation & Policy: Mr. Michael Reaves - Ms. Rebecca Kipp-Newbold
- Curriculum & Instruction: Ms. Rebecca Kipp-Newbold - Ms. Rita Lemley
- Personnel: Ms. Rita Lemley - Mr. Netz Sacro
- Negotiations: Ms. Rita Lemley - Mr. Christopher Keiser
- Long Range Planning/Shared Services - Mr. Michael Reaves - Mr. Netz Sacro
- N.J.S.B.A. Delegates : Mr. Christopher Keiser - Ms. Rebecca Kipp- Newbold
- Hunterdon / Warren SBA - Mr. Michael Reaves - Ms. Rebecca Kipp- Newbold
- Hunterdon County (ESC) - Mr. Michael Reaves - Ms. Rebecca Kipp-Newbold
Califon Board of Education regular meeting dates are the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:00 pm in the Califon Public school unless otherwise noted below.
2023-2024 Meeting Schedule
January 18, 2023
February 15, 2023
March 15, 2023
April 19, 2023
April 26, 2023 - Public Hearing *
May 2, 2023*
June 21, 2023
July 19, 2023
August 16, 2023
September 20, 2023
October 18, 2023
November 15, 2023
December 13, 2023*
January 3, 2024 Reorganization Meeting*
PLEASE READ PUBLIC COMMENT GUIDELINES BELOW
Board Meeting Public Comment Guidelines
Anyone wishing to speak before the board may do so during the public commentary portion of the agenda. The presenter shall give his/her name and address and make the presentation as brief as possible. All comments will be acknowledged by the Board and if applicable, will be answered during the Board Comment section of the meeting. Unless an extension of time is given, each speaker shall be limited to 3 minutes. Speakers may offer suggestions or express their concerns. However, in public session, the board will not discuss concerns about individual students or staff members. Other, more appropriate, channels are available for expressing concerns about individual students or staff members. Written comments may be submitted in writing prior to the meeting via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to Califon Public School, 6 School Street, Califon, NJ 07830. Correspondence must be received no later than 12:00 noon on the day of the meeting. Both written and verbal comments must adhere to the 3 minute rule. Written correspondence will be read aloud until the time limit has been reached. Duplicate comments will not be read but will be noted during the meeting. The Board President may terminate the remarks of any individual, when they do not adhere to the rules established above.